Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ready, Set, Write!

OK so it is REALLY late right now, about 3am local time, And I've been at the computer for the last five hours writing a story. Why you may ask?

Well the short answer is I'm insane. ;-)

The longer answer is I have a deadline to meet and I really want a shot at getting into this magazine.

So this got me to thinking why on earth is it so important that I submit to this magazine? It's not like they're gonna know that I didn't submit. They aren't waiting for MY particular story. Heck they probably don't know I exist yet. So why am I staying up so late?

I'm addicted. And I don't want any twelve step program to cure it. I am totally in love with the written word and the thought that someone out there just might like my words enough to share them with others and pay me for the privilege to do so. And beyond that I'm having a major Steampunk phase in my life and this particular magazine is perfectly positioned to reach that exact market. So if I can get in then people I want to know about me will find me.

If any of you have something steampunky or want to pull an all nighter to write one check out Fissure Magazine. They have an upcoming Steampunk issue open to submissions till July 30th.

And now i'd like to know if any of you have ever found yourself doing something like this. Have any of you pulled an all nighter for something you love? writing, painting, singing, whatever. Let me know. I can't wait to hear your stories. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have stayed up late (or got up way early) to write, read and watch movies. I used to do calligraphy and I've stayed up late/got up early to do that too.

    When I get swept away, I go with the flow. It just doesn't seem to happen much these days. I keep longing for it's return.

    ReplyDelete