Saturday, February 6, 2010

Beware the Turtle!

As writers we generally tend to the introverted side of things. Or at least I do. I like to hide in my shell typing away and then peak out just long enough to submit.

I think that's why it's taken me so long to get as far as I have.

We need to be fearless in going after life. Experience new things and be surrounded by people we can observe and learn from. And then, when we have taken it all and crafted our stories with it, we have to go after the publishers and editors like mad.

Perfect example.

3 comments:

  1. If I told anyone I was an introvert, they would laugh; but I really am. I'm most happy working from home hiding up in my office. I had a meeting this week with a bunch of fellow writers who are planning a conference this fall. I was a nervous wreck just thinking about talking with all these people I barely knew.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Paraphrasing here, but in the immortal words of Braveheart..."You know what happens if you don't try? Nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...we have to go after the publishers and editors like mad..." not so fast! Why? I've been through all of that, for many years. I'm self-publishing and happy about it. Makes me feel 'in control' of my own destiny. The publishing industry has changed. I just uploaded my ebook and soon will be uploading my printed version to a POD printer. I refuse to wait for more rejections. I will help you, if interested. --gg

    ReplyDelete