Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good Stuff.

One of my favorite authors right now is Brandon Sanderson. If you don't know who that is I seriously suggest you go buy or borrow his book Mistborn. Its a great epic fantasy. He's also been chosen to finish the Wheel of Time series for the late Robert Jordan.

He's a hero of mine I guess you could say. Hes imaginative, creative, has the same religious background as me, and he's a bloody good writer! The other day I found something great on his website that I wanted to share with all you speculative fiction writers out there. He has teamed up with Dan Wells and Howard Tayler to do a podcast called Writing Excuses.

It's great! I've listened to quite a few different podcasts on writing and by far this is the best one I've found for speculative fiction. These guys know what they're talking about, they're from different genres of spec fic so you get different takes on everything, and they have fun!
Go check 'em out! They've inspired me on a number of things and given me different ideas on how to do things that I can't wait to use.

The site is www.writingexcuses.com and for even more fun they end each podcast with a writing prompt to get ya moving if your having a stall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment