Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EAP!

Happy Birthday everyone! Today is the 201st birthday of the master of macabre and a hero of mine. Edgar Allan Poe!

Tragically I fear his toaster failed to honor the day for the first time in over six decades. So as a small bit of recompense I thought we'd celebrate here on The Wulver's Stane.

My favorite Poe story I'd have to say is "The Cask of Amontillado." Mainly because it was the first piece of Poe's that I read and it showed me a mind that appreciated the darker things I thought I alone comprehended. Yes I was in Junior High School when I discovered Poe. But I've grown to appreciate him even more as I've aged.

So whats your favorite? Leave a comment then grab a cognac and help me toast the memory of one of the greatest, most tragic men ever to live.

And if you haven't read Poe before check his work out online for free at The Literature Network.

To Poe!

No comments:

Post a Comment